We are already into February and here at Company Car Rentals we’ve had a great start to 2015. Which got us thinking about what 2015 could bring for the UK vehicle rental & leasing market.
Following a strong 2014, the trade body for the UK vehicle rental & leasing industry expects continued growth in almost every area of the sector in 2015.
BVRLA Chief Executive Gerry Keaney said:“The industry performed well in 2014. Road transport is rising up the government agenda, and the good news is that the fleet industry has never had a more influential voice in Whitehall.”
“This is a tremendously exciting time to be working in the sector, with huge technological advances having a major impact on the way we operate and manage a new generation of vehicles.”
“2015 will have its challenges and election years are always hard to predict, but we believe that this will be another successful year for the vehicle rental and leasing industry.”
Some of the main points from the report are:
- Politics – with the General Election looming, there could be some interesting times ahead to see how the Government looks at tax measures & spending cuts.
- Highways England – will take control of England’s motorways & A roads from April. Owned by the Government, Highways England will replace the existing Highways Agency & road users are predicted to have more of a say within the Government.
- Business – steady economic growth and a demand for high quality ex-rental and leased fleet vehicles will continue to support the used vehicle market. The recent dip in average car prices for used fleet cars is not expected to be a continuing trend according to the BVRLA.
- Market Trends – It is expected we will see year-on-year growth of 5% for car leasing, with an-ever increasing market share from the lower medium, dual-purpose and multi-purpose car segments.
- Van Leasing – It is expected that the Van Leasing marketing will maintain the 10% year-on-year growth as seen in 2014.
- CO2 Emissions – It is expected to see CO2 emissions for the lease fleet fall below 120/km for the first time during 2015 and the shift from diesel to smal engine petrol or hybrid cars to continue.
A full detailed report can be found here
With all this in mind, Company Car Rentals are looking forward to seeing what 2015 brings. As a UK vehicle rental and leasing supplier we provide an extensive range of vehicles including cars, vans, people carriers, minibuses and prestige cars. We service the whole of the UK, making it possible for businesses to benefit from the wide range of products and services we offer. Call us today 0113 2512051 to discuss your UK vehicle rental & leasing requirements.